HEY!

Hi!
Perhaps you'd love to tell me that you visited and/or dropped by my blogsite!
Post a comment on my entries.
Or you can leave a message on my Cbox.
Thanks a lot!

Monday, October 5, 2009

Volunteer Work on Thursday

Event: Volunteering (Survey) at Brgy. Bagong Silangan

Location: Daza Hall,
C. P. Garcia St.,
Barangay U.P. Campus,
Diliman,
Quezon City,
and
Barangay Bagong Silangan,
Quezon City

Date: 01 October 2009

Talk about volunteering, my friends and I dared to last Thursday.
From the Church of the Risen Lord (where the University Student Council were doing the volunteer work a.k.a. packing), we were instructed to go to the Barangay Hall of Brgy. UP Campus, to help out there because we were idle. We thought we were to do the packing, but then, lo and behold, we were transported to Brgy. Bagong Silangan, to check out the families affected by the Typhoon Ondoy (International Name: Ketsana).


We were fun-looking, in the first place.


And I love the way I look. Haha.


Here are the other volunteers. And oh, Ranel doesn't have any photo here, I think, just because he's the one holding the camera.


Geez. Look at that.


I can spot the refrigerator.


In this photograph the place doesn't seem much affected, but if we had captured the court with the coffins, perhaps you'll have the idea.


It was all too crappy, literally.




Trash just looked like some piece of decoration here.





And we could have covered our noses. Mud here is "burak" (mud mixed with garbage).



We were en route to Sitio Bakal, a community too far to be reached by volunteers giving donations.


Colleen and I looked tired. You haven't seen our feet yet.


But still, we're happy to be volunteers.


Aren't we?


No comments:

Post a Comment